Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Birthday to me!

Today is such a great day!! Not only is it my birthday but it's Father's Day too. I usually don't work on Sundays...so I'm not, but I wanted to share this special day with you too :) We went to church this morning and usually we all nap on Sundays - you know implementing our "day of rest" literally :)...and trust me I was TIRED today. I usually work work work and go go go all week long and when Sunday comes along, knowing I can just relax...I usually just crash - letting go of all things work related ready to enjoy my family and my rest.
-
Well, lately the business has been going really well!! Praise the Lord for this!! I am so excited to have met and to be serving all my new clients, I really really am so blessed. I have also been actively trying to spend time with my boys and my family...trying not to "do it all" but to do my best at the things that are most important. (In case you are wondering, yes my hubby is a huge help!!!) :)
-
Today after church I was so tired but I knew that I had a choice. I could stretch the boys a little longer and initiate some fun (have my own birthday party in so many words - hey! sometimes a girl just has to take things into her own hands!!!) or just take a nap. I chose to have my very own private water splash birthday party with a very small and invite only guest list- only two on the list. We had a blast!! We had freeze pops (and because I am the birthday girl I let myself have 5) and got really crazy with the water chasing each other around the yard and splashing each other. Wahoooo!!!
-




The best part of my whole afternoon was when God really spoke to my heart. I don't mean in an audible like I heard His voice speaking to me from the sky or something....but audible in my heart like lots of thoughts and realizations that just made me sit there in the yard and smile...thanking Him profusely.

You see years ago back when I was in college I can remember going for a run on the night before my 21st birthday. I also had a "conversation" with God on this run (I did that a lot)...one sided as it was, it was still a conversation. I can remember telling Him how I was going to do this and that with my life and how He was going to provide all these things for me etc. I had it all. planned. out. This was before I knew Jesus Christ. I am so glad He didn't leave me there. He also used that night as a landmark...a marker in my life to help me learn from my experiences etc. So lovingly he dealt with me and now has allowed me to look back on that day and use it to compare it with my life today......wow.
-
Well here I am 8 years later and things are completely NOT the way I had planned ~ praise God!! I have an adoring, strong, amazing, and devoted hubby who is one of THE best dads I have ever seen to our precious little boys. I have two of the most beautiful and incredible (yes I am completely biased) little boys I have ever laid eyes on, I love my in-laws (and I am pretty sure they love me ;) and all my hubby's family. I love my own family.....I have generous and amazing girlfriends with whom I travel this road of motherhood and womanhood with....basically I. am. blessed. God spoke love to my heart today as I sat there and watched my beautiful boys play in our yard, laughing, giggling, and drinking hose water. He said "See? what I have for you is so much better than anything you have planned for yourself. See how I can bless you? See how much I love you? See what can happen when you surrender your life to me???" I am completely aware that God gives and God takes away...and that I must enjoy each and every moment of every day as though it is my last......and I am trying to do that daily - especially with my hubby and my boys. I just wanted to take a moment today thank the Lord today for a great day, for my life (trials included!)...for making me "me"...and for blessing me so. You know I never really thought about being almost 30...but it's actually not bad at all....because I'm really only 24. But whatever. ;)
-
Also, Happy Father's Day to my dad, my dad-in-law, my hubby, and all the other dads out there. May God bless you richly today and throughout this year with much love in the relationships you share with your children and your children's children!!! Until next time everyone!! Love, ~R.........:)
-

6 comments:

Jess said...

Happy Birthday Rosie!! Mine's tomorrow, so I know how fun it is to share with Father's Day every couple of years. :) Sounds like you've had a great day!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Rosie!! Thanks for sharing your pictures, looks like an amazing time!! Julie

Anonymous said...

Thank you ladies!!! :) After a night out in Galesburg for dinner and then to see the trains, I am beat! :) What a great great day, just me and my favorite boys :) (All three ;)

Leslie said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ROSIE!!! Glad you had such a wonderful day! Thanks too for your great post! God is SO good!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Rosie. I am glad you enjoyed your day. I totally get what you are saying. We can hear from God at the most unexpected times and in the most unusual places, if our heart is in tune to Him.
Gracie's birthday was yesterday - the BIG 1! Love the pics, as usual.

Anonymous said...

Ha ha!! Thank you everyone for the birthday wishes!!! RYan had to chuckle at me for making my own birthday fun - but hey :) that's okay :)))

Hope you are all enjoying this beautiful weather!!