Wednesday, December 12, 2007

31 minutes and 27 seconds old...

I just found this as I am proofing C's brand-new baby birth etc. session. I am amazed (yet again) at how we are created...even at 31 minutes and 27 seconds old (according to the time on my camera - I went back and did some investigative math! ;) this little baby boy is completely in-love with his Mama. Well duh I guess right? I know, I know...it just hit me (again) in this image. Wow. Praise God for we are fearfully and wonderfully made! Thank you again C and J for the honor of shooting your very special miracle!!

Also, I wanted to sort of write a little bit more about the whole birth photo session experience. Some people who found out I was going to shoot a birth session were like "eww!! that's so gross!" and some where like "um..okay...to each his own I guess??"...and none really were like.."that's so cool!!!" (except for C of course!!!) until now...until seeing these images. I just had one Baby Planner Mama in-waiting ;) say that she was trying to convince her hubby to do this... and after seeing these images was like "We're doing this right?!?! We have to do this!!" ;) As a mommy myself I just love these images...Unhurried, completely precious and focused on mama, daddy, and baby images...in the moment...goopy, amazing, in-motion, quiet and still...you name it. That's why I did it and and why I'll do it again and again. I am in awe of the miracle of life...that God would entrust us with these perfect and heavenly sent little babies...I was the photog mama taking pics of MY hubby over by the warmer while laid out on my delivery table no less. (HA! Now there's a visual for ya!) (But really does this surprise any of you who really know me??) What an honor to be able to be in the room with other parents experiencing the miracle of life. I actually got to cut my little B's cord b/c R was busy with the camera taking pics (and there was no one to take pics of him cutting it!)....so I guess I should say...no I don't think it's gross, I think it's amazingly beautiful. I look at the situation much like a nurse does probably...(and we know some nurses actually do take some of the photos!!) plus I've been there before - twice to be exact ;) And yes, I did get teary eyed when little N actually made his way into the world...but I couldn't sniffle for long, I had moments of miracle, beauty, and love to capture!! Until next time! Love, ~R.......;)

1 comment:

Em said...

I'm saying "that's so cool" over here!! In fact, I already ran the idea by husband...just in case. :) Beautiful Mommy, beautiful baby, and beautiful pictures!

Emily