Monday, July 28, 2008

Bridal Shoot June 2008, Flint MI










So yes, the rumor is true. I made a dress for my sister's Barbie doll out of toilet paper when I was about 5 years old. She had this little mini skirt dress with a tube top type of top and then this long train from her skirt. She also had a half and half veil...a waist length top portion with a detachable cathedral length bottom portion. I think we still have her somewhere (at my mom's of course). Oh and yes, you're probably wondering what I used to hold it all together with....well, I used clear scotch tape to hold this beautiful ensamble together of course, and it worked great! ;) Oh how I loved to dream about my wedding day!!! Then I dreamed of planning other couples' wedding days, and now I get to capture them in all their sacredness and beauty through my lens (okay lenses really)!!! Everything wedding is just so beautiful to me. I can sit in an aisle at the grocery and look through wedding magazines with just as much zeal and sparkle in my eye as I did growing up and eventually (actually) needing them to help plan my own wedding.
Now, here are these lovely models...you probably notice we are in an urban type setting (yipeee!) and that they are not the least bit concerned about getting their dresses dirty. I wouldn't say we were "trashing the dresses"...we were more (like my friend S likes to say) "rockin' those dresses!!".....most young women on their wedding day want to keep their dresses as pristine as possible....and then the day goes by, the clock strikes midnight, the day is over, and they get to put the dress away (maybe in a big tupperware plastic bin like I did :((((
Well, did you know you can schedule a photo session with me to rock your dress after the wedding is all said and done with??!You can pull that thing out of storage, dust off your weddings shoes, and meet me in some beautiful and fun places (with or without your hubby) for the session you never had time for on your actual wedding day.
If you are interested in this type of session, please contact me soon!! I shoot these sessions May - October only so we can get outside and enjoy the beauty all around us!!! More SDG Photography By Rosie Siebenthal surprises (other than awesome sneak peeks that is!) coming soon!! Thank you all and have a great night! Love, ~R..........;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ROCK it Baby! Love the collection, you have such a great eye for these :)