Wednesday, August 15, 2007

A Friend's A Friend Forever


when the Lord's the Lord of them...this is a song (I believe by Steven Curtis Chapman??) that I just adore. This absolutely gorgeous woman you see pictured here is my friend Carrie from college and makes this song ring so true for me. We met at one of our many college jobs, continued to get to know eachother through our sorority ( I joined my senior year to see what they were all about :), and cemented our friendship forever when both of us were graciously brought to the saving knowledge of faith in Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior in the spring and summer of 2001. This miracle in my life happened that spring (right before I left college to student teach and then graduate) and one day while on a run (the longest run of my life at that point- I think it was like 6 miles or something...nothing big for Carrie who ran that far regularly - I had only run about 2 miles at one time before that day) God gave me the strength to share my experience and my testimony of God's love for me and how sent His son Jesus Christ to die for my sins and raised him up on the third day to conquer death and prove that he was the son of God and was sent to be our Savior. I actually spoke the the whole 45 minutes we ran (mind you this was the FIRST time I had even run that far!) telling Carrie about how Jesus, his love for me, and my obedience to him (by God's grace) had drastically and wonderfully changed my life so far (and still is!). When I was done talking we had about a mile left and all of a sudden my energy was ZAPPED. I told Carrie (while limping and practically hyperventilating) that I had to walk..that I couldn't go on. She encouraged me that "yes I could" and so on we went. Needless to say, I did not talk anymore!! ha ha!! I know now that it was the Holy Spirit who strengthened me to speak that whole 45 minutes while running (AND keeping up with Carrie!!) so she could hear the good news of Jesus Christ!!
-
Well, later that summer I received a message from Carrie telling me how God had opened the eyes of her heart and that she too had accepted Christ as her Lord and Savior and that she too now was on a new path in life...one that meant she was going to honor God with all of her mind, strength, heart, and soul (with His help of course!). Amazing I tell you. God's love and blessing is so amazing...only He can change lives...I mean really change lives by changing hearts...stripping off the old and putting on the new life of a life in Jesus Christ. Praise you Lord!
-
While it is apparent that Carrie and I have continued to be great friends...we have been even more- we have been sisters in the Lord if you will :) (Praise God!!) She flew 20 something hours from Korea (where she was accepted after college for the full-bright scholarship to teach English) just to be in my wedding. While in Korea she met the founder of a prestigous Korean/American Christian law-school where she eventually graduated from just before marrying her military lawer hubby, Ben, on Dec. 30th 2006. Ben and Carrie met during a Christian law conference in Washington D.C. where she was represtenting her Korean law school etc. etc...this story could go on FOREVER but I'll stop here :0)...as you can see God has had so much blessing in store for Carrie...blessing she could have only received had she loved, obeyed, and followed Him!! Oh, and I got to be in their wedding!!! Praise God for working so vividly in Carrie's and my life... we would NOT be where we are today, married to the wonderful men we are married to, or be blessed the way we are without God's saving grace and love....
-
Anyway - Carrie and Ben tied the knot this past December 30th and are now about to welcome their first baby blessing...a little girl due November 1oth. Carrie was in town (flew 23 hours 7 months pregnant from Guam where they are stationed right now for Ben's career) to see family and be in a wedding this past weekend. I got the honor of spending some time with her yesterday..actually about 5 hours!!! (yay!) and was able to get a couple of "little mama" pics of her...can I say WOW??? I mean seriously...all my girlfriends are absolutely GORGEOUS pregnant - are they not??? :) Well Carrie, I love you and am so honored to be your friend. You and Ben are such a beautiful couple...even more beautiful because you love the Lord so much, are so eager to please Him, and MY how it shows in your rockin' relationship! You are going to be wonderful parents...loving the Lord and showing that love to your little one... AWESOME! I pray that this little girl makes it safely into this world and that you have a safe and wonderful delivery. I know you live in Guam right now but let me know if you need anything!! (Your nights are my days so call ANYTIME!!) :) Love always and always, ~R
-



"I prayed for this child, and the Lord has granted me what I have asked of him." I Samuel 1:27



Before I formed you in the womb I knew you,
before you were born I set you apart... Jeremiah 1 :5a


Love you Carrie!! Can't wait to see pics of this precious and very loved little girl!! :0) ~R

No comments: