Tuesday, January 29, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAND we're here. Or there...

Depending on where you live!!! ****SIGH**** It is so nice to be "here" and done packing and moving. I drove in with the kids last night and really felt good about arriving here. I even felt like I was coming "home"....it's so nice to settle down. I will miss my temporary home(s) in Geneva and St. Charles...more Geneva...but it is so good to be here :) Now.... we just need to unpack, organize, and get settled in. We are probably about 20% done. There is so much more to be unpacked and organized!!! :) Thank you to all who have kept us in your prayers...there were moments when I just took a moment and thought to myself "I should be feeling so overwhelmed right now!!" but I wasn't...I had a peace and calmness that I couldn't explain myself... but I knew what it was!! It was all of you praying for me to keep my cool and prioritize etc...thank you. I could definitely feel your prayers!!

So....I had my first "here" session today - I know you are saying "WAIT!!! Rosie, today is TUESDAY!!" Well, I forgot to put in my disclaimer that newborns can and will be photographed during the week at the client's home if desired, but that's it. Sometimes they just grow too fast and we need to get those little ones photographed before they turn two weeks!! Plus sometimes they need more than 2 hours (cut and dry) for their session. And being in the client's home is so relaxing and well "homey" for the client ;) No getting in the car and bringing your newborn and your healing self to me if you don't have to - I can come to you! (Or you can come here too if you'd rather ;) So yes... I do need a little more time with newborns sometimes...those precious little newborns need time to eat, be changed, sleep, stretch, and look extremely adorable!!! :) Photographing them before two weeks of age ensures the sleep factor and as Brenda Acuncious says, "the curl factor" ;) So without further ado here is one from today. Also *** note that the whole session was shot with "natural light" or ambient or available light. In trying to find my "style" I am really enjoying and am really pleased with the results and my level of sanity when I shoot with natural light. The results are just amazing!

I have just loaded all of my Sat. sessions from the 19th so those will be up later tonight. (Please don't ask me what time!) We have been unpacking all day and I will be able to sit here some more later after the kids are in bed :) Thanks for reading my ramble!!! Love, ~R.........:) Oh and J and S this one's for you ~ littleB at almost two weeks!! ;)

2 comments:

Lisa at illuminatePhotos.com said...

Rosie Posie, I'm so glad you made it! Good luck with the unpacking and the keeping of the sanity. =)

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much Rosie for getting us a "sneak peek" so quickly! I just love that picture! I was excited to see the other new ones up today too! Thank you so much! And thank you for coming to our place and for the extra time and TLC! You are a great photographer and a great friend! Can't wait to see the rest :-) Jennell