Friday, March 21, 2008

Spring is HERE!!

Hello there ;)

I am hijacking my business blog today and throwing in a personal entry - hope you don't mind :) This way I don't have to post twice (on my family blog and here :)

So Spring is officially here...and well it was sorta warm out today :) I still had to wear a hat for BOTH of my walks with the boys and Sadie today, but it was well worth it. Until Sadie ran in front of me and tripped me with Benjamin in my hip hammock...this was not good at all. I am just praying that he is okay and that I didn't hurt him too bad when I FELL ON HIM. Poor little guy! Sadie ran right in front of all of us and knocked Caleb down who was walking to my right. I had her on a short leash and had the leash wrapped around my wrist a couple of times so it didn't just come off (unfortunately for us) when she bolted for the neighbors who were playing ball (her favorite sport). I socked my hands and knees pretty hard in trying to brace myself and not squish B too hard...but since my hands and feet were all tangled up in the leash I didn't have much room to move. All I have to say is poor B and thank goodness he was wearing a heavy fleece hat.

So....needless to say I was doing so well walking with the boys (even jogging at some points!) two days in a row...and now my nick name is gimpy (and my knee is all swollen and puffy as we speak :( Oh well..it's still early - hopefully I'll heal up real soon and more importantly hopefully B's alright. I may take him to the doctor tomorrow if he acts in pain while walking etc. He seemed fine this evening etc. until he just woke up crying a few minutes ago (yes I work 3rd shift around here ;)...I had to give him some children's motrin as I asked him where it hurt and he kept pointing to his legs/hip area...I am really praying that he's alright! Please pray for him if you have a moment and wouldn't mind...I am afraid I stretched or pulled a muscle or something worse down there! The thought of something terribly wrong is making me very sad!! :(

And in case you are wondering who Sadie is - she's our dog that we received for a wedding present...oh almost FIVE years ago (in August)??!?!? Can it be that long already? We finally have her back after our friends and family so graciously taking her under their wings while we were in the Chicago area. The only thing is....she's been a farm dog all this time and we now live in town. Hmmmm...it's interesting to say the least...Caleb really loves playing with her and begs me to go out and play with her everyday. He even feeds her and gives her water etc...it's so sweet!! One thing tho - after being on the farm for so long now (with horses and all!) she needs to be groomed SO badly!! Caleb keeps things in perspective for me though by often saying to me, "Sadie sure is a good ol' pup Mom!" And she is!

Highlight of my day today: When Caleb put his hand in my hand on our walk and said in the sweetest voice: "Mommy, I really love you...." Yup...everyone on three, 1 - 2- 3 - AWWWWW ;) That little guy sure knows how to make my heart sing!!

Worst moment of the day: Biffing it with my 19 mth old child in my arms and taking him down with me. Usually I catch myself etc...not this time. Poor little guy :( Took the double running stroller on our first outing this morning...will be continuing that ritual from now on unless we are Sadieless. Just safer that way I have learned. (Learning from experience is not fun sometimes!!)

Okay unhijacking the photography business blog now :)

Alright, on to more photographic things :) Here are a couple of images of Miss G. (ha ha yah right!) It was really hard to choose just one or two!!...mom and dad M and L...thank you so much for bringing her to me. What a blessing you all are to me! Enjoy everyone and have a wonderful, blessed, and joy-filled Easter. My most favorite and most meaningful holiday!
Love, ~ R..........:)


Isn't she just the cutest!!?!? I had so much fun at her session and then had an even better time at her slideshow party with mom and dad - thanks again you two!! Blessings to you and all my blog readers today and this weekend!! Love, ~R.........:)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WE had a great time with you, too. You did such a great job with our little peanut, and we have these precious images to have for a lifetime of memories. Thanks again!

rsr said...

Oh you're welcome!!! thank YOU! Little G sure is a beautiful gift from the Lord!!