Monday, April 7, 2008

A couple of things...












I did this weekend:


1. Watched my 1st baby boy grow up right before my eyes as he received (thank you AJ and LS!!!) and rode his very first bike (with training wheels). And yes, you are seeing correctly. It's a John Deere bicycle. Isn't it beautiful? (Yes, I am being completely serious. Loving what my boys love just kinda happened...we'll see if that continues when they get older ;) And riding a John Deere bike wouldn't be complete without work boots because...he's going to work of course!)


2. Enjoyed the warmer weather with my youngest baby boy (#2) outside in our new sandbox. (An original masterpiece exclusively made by their daddy - no turtle sandboxes allowed at our house. Apparently they're not big enough (or manly enough) or something...or maybe they're just not conducive to large dumptruck loading, hauling, and dumping like an 8'x8' sandbox. (This was decided (not by me) when I was pregnant with C (our firstborn) and we found out he was a boy.)

3. Relived some of my childhood experiences (and fears) while teaching C how to ride down our driveway (that's a huge incline for a little guy!) It was so fun to cheer him and help him to experience success. I also remembered how HUGE some of things that I now consider little really are to a 3.5 year old.

I would love to hear what you all are doing to enjoy the warmer weather!! Who's gonna share first? Hmmmm...Hope you all had a great weekend!! Love, ~R........

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

A bike ride, of course!! 37 miles in gorgeous sunny blue-sky weather...I am ready to believe spring is finally on the way!!

LuAnn

Anonymous said...

Yay LuAnn!! THIRTY-SEVEN MILES!! You go girl!! Sounds like you really took advantage of the beautiful weather. I bet it so nice to feel the wind on your face and well...in your helmet? :) Great job!! (You inspire me!!)

Rosie........:)

Anonymous said...

We had a wonderful day on Sat. at church with a work day. We all got together, and pitched in to help with dead trees, and trim bushes,etc. We had lunch together, and had a great time of fellowship with God's people.Then the day ended with my son having a 103 degree fever, but the day was still good, and the sunshine was incredible!!! Maybe we should have a work day at my house. There's sooo much work to do in my yard it would take the whole town to get it done in 1 day, but I can't wait to get out there and get my hands dirty,and enjoy nature.

Anonymous said...

Hi M! Poor little "L"...sounds like he worked extra hard! It would be nice to have everyone over for a work day wouldn't it? We would surely get a lot done!!
;)